PMX is seeking experienced Tech Writer Specialists to support the National Security Agency with full life cycle contracting requirements.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
• Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents.
• Gather technical information, prepares written text.
• Maintain a current internal documentation library.
• Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio, etc.
• Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
• Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
• Work on all phases of documentation.
• Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
• Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences.
• Coordinate layout and design of documents.
• Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
• Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
• Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
• Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems.
• Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information.
• Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies.
• Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products.
• Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of acquisition and technical documentation for the Program, Project, or Contract.
• Work independently preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods.
• Act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required.
• Review work products of others for compliance with technical manual NSA Data Standard (DS)-89.
Skills & Experience:
• Eight (8) years’ experience as a Tech Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
• A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to six (6) years of experience. Four (4) years of additional Tech Writer experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
|Location:||Ft Meade, MD|
|Security Clearance Level:||Must possess active TS/SCI and minimum CI poly|
Benefits: At Programatics, we believe success lies in the strength of our people. We strive to promote a balance between work and family as we offer a comprehensive benefit package to sustain and enhance quality of life for our employees and their families.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Insurance
• Company Sponsored Short-Term Disability Plan
•Company Sponsored Long-Term Disability Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Matching
• Flexible Spending Account
• Continuing Education Benefit
• Pre-Tax Transit Benefit
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Federal Holidays
Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
PMX proudly participates in the Department of Labor’s Hire Vets initiative and has received the Agency’s highest award, the Platinum Medallion, for our Veteran programs.
EEO Statement: Programatics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.